Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Anatomy of my Filofax: Multi-Pens

Hi everyone!

Today's post is about Pens.  Multi-pens to be exact, because I love them.

Top 2:  5-barrel Pilot Coletos
3rd from top:  6-barrel Muji
Bottom:  3-barrel Uni Style Fit

I have already written elsewhere about the pens I use -- Pilot Coleto 5-barrels with Uni Style Fit waterproof inks.  You can read about that in more detail here.  It's towards the end if you want to skip to it directly.

You may ask why I bother to refill them with different inks . . . it's because I prefer the writing experience of the Uni inks, and they're pretty much more waterproof than the Coletos.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the Coletos.  They're some of the nicest pens around.  But I just needed to try the Uni, and when I did, I fell in love.

My Coleto refills didn't go to waste because I gave them to my daughter, and she's now hooked on color-coding as well.  (Victim!)


I like to write with color which is not at all necessary, but so much more fun!  I mostly write with blue or black-brown ink (I don't like black, it seems a little bit too harsh to me), but most other things get color-coded, particularly the Diary portion.

How I color-code

I keep two pens in my stay-at-home and, until recently, in my Chameleon Compact wallet/purse.  Why recently?  (Explanation at the end of this post.)


I keep one of the pens slotted into the note pad slot on the Baroque.  The other one is just clipped onto the pen loop because it's too fat for it.  (I'll need another Leuchtturm pen loop soon!)


Two Pilot Coletos live in the Baroque


On the Chameleon, I currently only have a Uni 3-barrel pen until I repurchase the Muji.  The pen placement on this is weird, on the left, but I've gotten used to it.

The pen on the left-hand side of the Chameleon

Another multi-pen I'm loving is the Muji 6-barrel (2nd from bottom) which has 5 ballpoint colors, a pencil, and an eraser on the top!  Once again, I had to hack the inks because the pastel colors were too light.  I replaced them with Muji's own gel refills.  (I've recently given this to my sister so I don't have a better photo, and I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet.)

They're available for purchase online on the US and UK sites.

Muji pen 2nd from botom

And those are some of the multi-pens I use daily, and love.

This concludes my "Anatomy" series.  I think I covered most, if not everything.  Should there be anything specific you'd like to see, do let me know and I'd be happy detail it.

Once again, thanks for visiting!


4 comments:

  1. Haha, Doris, I couldn't believe it when I saw that we both posted about the multipens on the same day - and the Muji starred in both places, too!
    Now this is what I call 'nSync! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I didn't realize it was on the exact same day. Like minds, right? (:

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You think?!? My twitching fingers need an occupation. Sometimes I go too far, I know. (:

      Delete