Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

2013 Diary Experiment

(Updated to add that I found the stamps online but only in the US.)

Hi everyone!

Further to my 2013 Diary Dilemma, I'm conducting an experiment.

I got this stamp in Muji.  I've passed this up several times before, but this time, I decided to get it because the pens/refills I went there for were not in stock.  This was a good substitute.  (:

Plastic bottom houses stamp when not in use

Actual stamp

And I got to stamping!

I stamped the facing page of next week's Dodopad diary.

Lines will be used for To-Do items

I took a page from a 2012 WO2P cotton cream diary and stamped close to the rings. There was some show-through but I can live with that.  I put a page in this week's diary to test it out.

Facing this week's Dodopad


Back of the page.  Some show-through.

I also stamped on the WO1P diary that's in my Chameleon.

Appointment on outside of each page.  To-do items close to the rings.

This last photo is with next week's spread with to-do items away from the rings.

I was more careful and made stamping more even.

And then, it occurred to me that the pages look similar to the Swedish WO2P.  Similar, yes, but different enough in usage.

The idea is to separate appointments and to-do items on each day to maximize the page.  Also makes it easy it easy for me to spot to-dos vs. appointments. Right away, my first impression is that this could be a lot of work stamping each page multiple times.  ):  All in the name of research!

What I love though is that I seem to have just doubled my writing space!

I have no idea whether it will work out, but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for visiting!



15 comments:

  1. Wow! That's fab! I'm going to have to have to try and get my hands on one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy, I'd love to see what you do with them once you get them. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, did you get it online or in the shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack, sorry I re-read and saw you went in the shop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, and yes, I did. (: I haven't seen it online. There was one other stamp that was just a box that I didn't get. Maybe I'll pick it up if I can find a use for that. Regards.

      Delete
  5. Dors! I want! Do it on my planner too :) Finally got back to blogging! Haayy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene! Sure! Let's work on your 2013 planner soon. Are you getting a dated/bound planner? Or are you using a Filofax? (:

      Delete
  6. I've been looking for a stamp like that! I want the boxes without the lines. I might have to give that a try! Now, only to figure out how to get it in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The US actually has Muji online now! Check out the link below.

      http://www.muji.us/store/

      And guess what! They have the stamp/s on there!

      http://www.muji.us/store/catalogsearch/result/?q=stamp

      Delete
    2. haha! You read my mind. I just checked it out. Too bad they don't have the one without the lines. But at least I know it's there now! Thanks Doris. Now can you find me a Personal Baroque in Teal or Black? hehe. Just keep an eye out for me! ok?

      Delete
    3. I'm sure they'll have it back in stock soon. And, you'll be the first to know if I spot the Baroque you want. (: Regards.

      Delete
  7. oh my gosh! this is too cute and versatile! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lime Tree, thanks! And yes, too cute to pass up in the store. (: Regards.

      Delete
  8. I love this idea. It will keep me from having such ugly little boxes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete